Friday, February 17, 2012

What I have in common with the adulterous women

Adultery is that one sin that most people agree is wrong. Most would agree that committing adultery is not only wrong but in the Christian arenas, if we were ranking sin, would rank very high on the sin with a ton of earthly consequences.
I have been an adulterous women. Now before you freak out and begin gather people for a lynching let me explain....
I have been reading in the book of Hosea. Hosea was commanded by God to marry a women who would be unfaithful to him and would cause him many headaches. Just as Gomer lost interest in Hosea and ran after other lovers,I too can easily lose appreciation for my special relationship with God and pursue My Dreams, My Goals, My fleshly desires, and not include MY heavenly father in My wants. When I compromise how God wants me to live for my own fleshly desires I am being UNFAITHFUL.

The vow I took with my husband is super special, and super important to me. I stood before God and my friends and made a vow to David to love cherish and be by his side till death do us part. This is a vow I will never break. Marriage is ordained by God and illustrates his relationship with His people. Thus, there is possibly no greater tragedy than the violation of those sacred vows.

However with all that said the vow I have with my Lord is even more important and I have on many occasions during my Christian Walk been unfaithful. Why is it that if you asked me if i would ever be unfaithful to my husband i would tell you absolutely no possible way but when it comes to my heavenly father not only have i been unfaithful I'm sure to be again. How very sad!!
I thank God that i worship a Lord and Savior who never leaves me or forsakes me and will always fight for our relationship. I am so very grateful for that.

Hosea 3:1 "Then the Lord said to me, 'go and get your wife again. Bring her back to you and love her, even though she loves adultery. For the Lord still loves Israel(me) even though the people(I) have turned to other gods(earthly desires), offering them choice gifts(giving "it" the attention that only God deserves) '".

No comments:

Post a Comment