Sunday, July 6, 2014

Dehydrating Herbs....

So while I was down in Otis Colorado for the 4th of July my wonderful sister-in-law gave me TONS of herbs out of her garden.  I love fresh herbs!!!  However, with that said I was given so many that I began to think immediately what I would do so that I I did not waste any.  

Both her and my mother-in-law have mint peppermint and spearmint growing at their house.  I dug up lots to "try" and grow at my house.  If you know my at all your surprised that my kids are still alive because I don't have a green thumb.  In fact now that I think about it when it comes to gardening I am thumb less, can't grow a thing.  (however I have managed to kept 6 kids alive so that should count for something lol)

Any who.....I brought home parsley, chives, rosemary, Greek oregano, tarragon(I've never used this spice so send recipes please), BBQ rosemary, Greek thyme, spicy oregano, cilantro, sage, and the wonderful basil.  

I had so much that I thought first should I freeze it?  But in the end after much deliberation dehydration won!!!




Spearmint plant that we are putting in the background!

This last picture is mint that I decided not to dry out and not to plant.  I have been putting mint into my water and my ice tea.  Oh boy does it make my drinks taste yummy.  So I decided to leave some in water on my counter to take root.  This here is peppermint but I also have a spearmint one on the counter too.  Sure makes drinking water a whole lot easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment